Dental Implants in Arlington
Arlington, VA Dentist
Are you missing teeth? Do you want a more permanent option than dentures to replace said teeth? Dental implants may be an ideal choice! While we do not do surgical implant placement, our Arlington dentist at Arlington Cosmetic & Family Dentistry works closely with specialists, such as oral surgeons and periodontists, who perform the dental implant restorations in our office. Dental implants are not only designed to replace missing teeth but preserve the gum and bone structure around the missing tooth so your jaw doesn’t decay.
The dental implant procedure includes the following steps:
- An implant (which is often titanium) is placed where the missing tooth once was
- The abutment is attached to the implant via a screw to connect the implant to the crown
- The restoration (the part that looks like a tooth) is connected by a screw or cement
Dental implants can be used to replace teeth in a number of different ways such as:
- Replacing one tooth – during this procedure, our expert team will insert an implant into the bone to replace the root. Once this has been completed, we place a crown on top of the implant to act as the actual tooth replacement.
- Replacing multiple teeth or all teeth permanently – implants can be used to replace multiple teeth by placing two implants in the gap and using a bridge to replace the teeth in between the implants. This is an extremely useful technique compared to replacing each missing tooth with its own unique implant and crown.
- Support removable dentures – our team offers the option to attach a removable denture onto your implants in order to relieve patients of the pressure that dentures can cause on patient’s bone surface. This will prevent dentures from slipping during every day activities.
The dental implant procedure can take weeks or months, depending on various factors. To determine if you qualify for dental implants, our staff can take x-rays and review your medical and dental history. If x-rays show you have enough bone in your jaw to hold an implant, and your medical/dental history is clear, we can schedule your implant procedure. Call us at (703) 636-7878 if you wish to learn more about dental implants or to schedule your consultation!
Why Choose Us?
- Private Parking
- Full-Service Practice
- Accepting Most Insurances
- Free Consultations Available
- State-Of-The-Art Dental Office
- Deliver Gentle Compassionate Care