Did you know you are advised to see a dentist twice a year for routine cleanings and check-ups? Bacteria and plaque can damage teeth if they are not removed, which is why we at Arlington Cosmetic & Family Dentistry offer various general dentistry services for individuals of all ages! It is our job to keep your teeth and gums healthy so you do not encounter any serious dental problems in the future.
Our general dentistry services can include:
- Sealants: Sealants are one of the most practical ways to prevent tooth decay and cavities, as well as protect your enamel. The thin resin that will be placed on your teeth is extremely simple to apply and is a great option for children!
- Cleanings: Routine cleanings are essential to maintaining the overall health of your mouth and should be performed at least twice a year. Typically, during your cleaning a dentist or dental hygienist will work toward removing excess plaque and build up.
- Oral exam: If your gums are swollen or you feel any discomfort in your mouth, our dentist can examine your mouth and diagnose the issue. Following a cleaning, you may also have a routine oral exam just to ensure your teeth and gums are healthy.
- Dental x-rays: In order to determine your oral health, x-rays can look beyond the outer exterior of your gum line. X-rays are essential for detecting possible infections or diseases.
- Oral cancer screening: Our Arlington dentist can perform oral cancer screenings following your oral exam or cleaning. During these screenings, your dentist will examine your oral tissue by looking inside your mouth and examining your gums.
If you have not seen a dentist in years, it is not too late to protect your teeth. We accept most insurances and offer a warm, caring environment so you can feel comfortable in our office. Free consultations are also available for all our dental services. Schedule an appointment today with our Arlington dentist by calling Arlington Cosmetic & Family Dentistry Phone Number 703-636-7878